Reports to: Quality Lead
Summary: Provides support to the Quality System ensuring product accuracy, process stability and document traceability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with Customer Service and Production to insure all customer requirements are known, understood, documented and communicated properly through reviewing customer quality manuals, drawings, purchase orders, quality clauses and specifications.
- Engages in quality and continuous process improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
- Identifies risk and opportunities throughout the organization.
- Works with teams in an effort to help identify, define and establish quality and process improvement priorities.
- Works closely with departments to evaluate and identify product and process improvement opportunities, develop project plans and provide leadership to teams.
- Maintains reports, databases and assists with the quality management system, to include supplier quality scorecards and corrective action, customer corrective action requirements, resolve RMA claims with customers, initiate preventive actions and maintain Quality KPIs.
- Address quality issues, by notifying proper personnel, as well as taking appropriate actions to facilitate and lead root cause and corrective action workshops.
- Maintains an understanding of industry quality standards, review document and train to relevant operating and industry standards.
- Conducts internal audits and implements corrective actions with fellow auditors.
- Assists in Sr. Quality Inspector in developing sampling plans by process and working with production teams to maintain 1st piece inspections.
- Participate and maintain customer DQR Stamps / programs.
- Conducts and documents First Article Inspection Reports (Dimensional Layouts) per customer requirements.
- Assists team in documenting PPAP per industry and customer requirements, submitting material reporting through IMDS when required.
- Support Technology improvement initiatives.
- Ability to do other duties as assigned.
- Quality certifications and/or degree preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100 and IATF 16949.
- Comfortable with reading and understanding technical specifications and engineering drawings.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Experience working with precision measuring equipment / standard inspection gages.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and working with business system.
Physical Demands (reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties):
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- May sit or stand while performing jobs
Please email resumes to Lynn Dwyer, Personnel/HR Manager at email@example.com